Terms and conditions
By accessing or using the www.concern.net or www.concernworldchampions.ie website or by submitting a registration via the site, you acknowledge and agree to the disclaimers, terms and conditions (the “Terms”) set forth below.
Terms and conditions of using the site
Reference to “we”, “our” and “us”, etc. are references to (i) Concern Worldwide, a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (company number 39647) which has been granted Charitable Status (charity number CHY5745), with its registered office at 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland; and/or (ii) Concern Worldwide (UK), a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales under company number 4323646 and a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1092236) and Scotland (number SC038107) with its registered office at unit 13 & 14, Calico House, Clove Hitch Quay, London, SW11 3TN UK; and/or (iii) Concern Charity Trading Limited, a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (company number 334436) with its registered offices at 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2 (together, referred to as “Concern”). We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms at any time. You should review the Terms periodically as, by using the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. All participants should review these Terms in full before submitting their registration. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site, or with any of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is the discontinuation of your use of this Site.
Eligibility and Confirmation
The minimum age to enter the event is 18 by 31 May 2017. OR you must have a Legal guardian in the team.
Online registration does not automatically guarantee entry to the event. Your place is not confirmed until Concern Worldwide has approved your application in writing.
Registration Fee/Sponsorship Money
We require you to raise a minimum amount of sponsorship money of €3,000 per team for Concern Worldwide.
A portion of funds raised from the overall World Champions Campaign will be used to cover the costs of prizes.
You may cancel your place on the event at any time by sending written notification to Concern Worldwide. Should you, for whatever reason, not take up your place on the event, all sponsorship forms and sponsorship monies collected should be forwarded to Concern Worldwide.
You must carry out all methods of fundraising in accordance with the guidelines set out by Concern Worldwide. You are fully responsible for all fundraising events that you carry out and Concern Worldwide does not take any responsibility for them.
You must not use your participation in the event as a vehicle to raise funds for any other charitable organisation.
Your fundraising events will not be covered by any policy of insurance held by Concern Worldwide. All individuals must be covered by an insurance policy appropriate for the activities being undertaken. You must ensure to disclose all information regarding the event; location and activities, to your insurers, and confirm that these factors do not restrict the insurance that is in place.
If you are ultimately selected as the winning team, and travel overseas with Concern Worldwide, you are responsible for ensuring you have adequate travel insurance. Without this you will not be able to travel. The travel insurance that you have in place must cover you for medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation, curtailment and loss/theft of personal possessions, with adequate cover. You must ensure that the policy has no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the types of activities included in the Trip.
You are responsible for your own fitness to take part in the event/trip and for consulting a doctor about your participation. Vaccinations will be necessary for travel and this should also be taken into consideration. Concern Worldwide will cover the costs of vaccinations as recommended by Concern team. Participants agree that photos and or video footage taken during the event may be used by Concern Worldwide for publicity purposes, including use in brochures, websites, and marketing materials and in the media.
Terms & Conditions
Your fundraising contract is with Concern Worldwide
- When you register for the Concern World Champions competition you must complete the online registration, accepting on behalf of all your party the terms.
- There is a minimum fundraising target of €3,000 per team. This must be raised by May 9th 2017, or there must be events planned to raise the funds. If there is no visible movement on fundraising and no sufficient plans in place to raise the funds, we may remove this team from the competition to make way for a team on the waitlist.
- All funds raised will be converted to points. €1 = 1 point. Bonus points from Challenges will be assigned according to the rules of each challenge. Whether the team are awarded points from challenges or not is at the discretion of Concern Worldwide. Concern’s decision is final.
- If your team remove yourselves or are removed from the competition, all funds raised will be remitted to Concern and will be used in our programmes.
- The trip will happen during the summer months. Every effort will be made to find a date which is suitable for all of the winning team members and Concern, but due to the nature and sensitivities of our work in the countries we work in, this may not be possible and we will have to go to a location and on dates that suit our in country staff. Please make sure your Passport is up to date and you should know of no reason why you would not be eligible for a visa.
- Donations can take time to process so your place on the leader board may not change until the processing has been done.
- The leaderboard will ‘blackout’ for two weeks before the end of the competition. This will give every team a chance to donate their final amounts in the fairest way possible.
- If any team undertake any activities which put the good name of Concern Worldwide into disrepute, you will be immediately disqualified by Concern.
- Winners are expected to appear at events and in the media as the current world champions, and undertake activities to recruit participants for the following year.
- Any images, videos, or written submissions or other media (including Social) sent from participants to Concern will be considered useable by Concern in any of our promotional materials, online and on Social Media channels.
- We reserve the right, in any circumstances, to deny participation or remove a team from the Process at any time.
- As regards the arrangements for the trip, an agreed itinerary, schedule and accommodation will be notified to you in advance of the trip.
You understand and accept that itineraries, schedules and accommodation may change and other alterations may occur at the election of Concern Worldwide before or during the trip or in circumstances which are beyond our control.
In the event that Concern cancels the trip, no refund will be made in any case toward the cost of your visa, vaccinations or travel arrangements to and from the airport of departure.
Concern Worldwide shall be liable for death or personal injury which arise as a result of fault attributable to us in the absence of our reasonable care and skill in providing the services and facilities in the Trip. No liability shall arise where the death or personal injury is not due to our fault, or is attributable to you, or to a third party or was unforeseen or unavoidable or due to circumstances beyond our control even had due care been exercised or due to an event that could not have been foreseen or forestalled.
Acceptable use of the site
Any information contained on the Site is for personal use only and may not be sold or distributed in any form. We reserve the right to suspend the use of the Site generally or to block your access to any part of the Site and/or to suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site or any part of it if we suspect misuse. In accessing any part of our Site, you agree not to use the Site or cause or permit the Site to be used in any manner which may prejudice or jeopardise the integrity of the Site or the operation of any network. You agree not to collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent or to distribute, download, upload, or transmit any material which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other harmful or disruptive components. In addition you will not use the Site for any commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Concern. You further agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Concern for any loss, expenses or damage we suffer or incur if you breach any of these obligations or any other Terms.
Copyright and trademarks
Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access and view the Site and the materials displayed thereon. However, no right, title, or interest in any such materials will be granted or transferred to you as a result of any permitted use of such materials. All materials incorporated in or accessible through the Site, including, without limitation, text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, audio clips, video clips, podcasts, software and other content, and the compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof (including the look and feel of the Site), are protected by Irish and international copyright laws, and are owned, controlled or licensed by Concern or by the original creators of such materials or their permitted licensors. All such rights are reserved. Such materials may be used only for viewing the Site in the ordinary course. Any other use of such materials, including any copying, reproduction, modification, sale, distribution, extraction, re-utilisation, transmission, republication, downloading, displaying, posting, performance, or other exploitation thereof, by any means or medium, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner is strictly prohibited. In addition, where any content on the Site is not owned by Concern the use of such content shall be prohibited unless the consent of the owner has been obtained and the use of such material has been notified to us in advance. Certain of the intellectual property rights proprietary to Concern have been registered, including, for example certain logos and/or trade marks. You acknowledge and agree that all trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Site shall remain at all times owned by Concern or its licensors. Concern reserves absolutely its rights in such registered intellectual property rights. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by Concern in writing. Notwithstanding the foregoing reservation of rights by Concern, Concern actively encourages the dissemination of certain materials contained in the Site, on condition that the prior written consent has been obtained from Concern. As such, you are invited to make any such request to Concern by contacting us at ++ 353 1 417 7700. Concern shall use its reasonable endeavours to reply to all such requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and will, at its reasonable discretion, permit the copying, reproduction, modification, sale, distribution, extraction, re-utilisation, transmission, republication, downloading, displaying, posting, performance, or other exploitation of its proprietary materials where it is deemed desirable by Concern.
Privacy and security
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. All personal data that we collect from you will be processed in accordance with our privacy statement and these Terms.
Links to other sites
The Site may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and you are solely responsible for evaluating the content and accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If you choose to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that (to the fullest extent permitted by law), Concern shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of your downloading and/or using or referring to or relying on any information contained on this Site. The Site is provided by Concern on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Concern disclaims all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied. In particular Concern does not warrant that the Site will be continuously available, or that your use of the Site or any function of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Site and server will be free from infection, viruses and/or other components that have contaminating or destructive properties. Where you rely on any information, material or services on the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Concern with respect to your access and use of the Site and any third-party website accessed through the Site. If any of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable form these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The Site has been designed and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. Any dispute arising out of the access or use of the Site will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
We (i) Concern Worldwide, a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (company number 39647) which has been granted Charitable Status (charity number CHY5745), with its registered office at 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland; and/or (ii) Concern Charity Trading Limited, a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (company number 334436) with its registered offices at 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2 (all together “Concern”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.concern.net/www.concernworldchampions.ie you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 as amended (the Acts), the data controller is the entity defined as Concern as defined above and having that address as defined above.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you, when you enquire about our activities, filling in forms on our site www.concern.net/www.concernworldchampions.ie (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise provide us with personal data. This includes information you provide when you make a donation through the site, you use any of the site’s interactive functionality enabling you to offer to fundraise with us, show solidarity with us, campaign with us, take part in an event, take part in a debate, offer to sell raffle tickets, you enter a competition promotion or survey through our site, you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, request information about us or what we do, or make a complaint through the site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, second name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial and credit card and debit card information, comments and personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To create an account for you if you register with us as a donor or if you wish to receive information about our activities
- To further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer or donor being one where there has been a transaction within the 12 months prior to the call, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction you. If you are a new customer or donor, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data via email to email@example.com
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is represented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; for example we may help you complete forms by inserting your contact details for you to edit
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our site by providing you with the most user friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other device (SPCC) and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- With IP addresses to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits to the site from different countries
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where relevant, we may also asses your personal data for the purposes of fraud and credit risk reduction. If you enter your contact details in one of our online registration forms, we may use information to contact you even if you do not send or submit the form. We will only do this, if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Companies Act 1963 as amended from time to time or its equivalent in the Companies Act 2014, when it is commenced.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. We may disclose your personal information to third parties
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If any Concern entity or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any of the Concern entities, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Survive on 5! Terms and Conditions
All submissions must be made by 15th February March 1st by 17:00. All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with links to video and profile. Any submission not sent to this email or late will not receive bonus points. Points are for one team member to take part and will not be multiplied for multiple team members getting involved. If the receipt is over €5 you will not get points. The only additional ingredients allowed which to not have to come from your €5 are seasoning and herbs. Your meal plan should represent only the items on your receipt. If there is something else, you may not get points for the meal plan. Your profile picture should remain as a bowl of porridge for at least 24 hours. You must send a link of your profile page to email@example.com. Please ensure your privacy allows Concern to view your profile picture. The cooking demo can be any length and filmed using any platform, but must be uploaded to Facebook for it to be included. You must send a link of the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.. Please ensure your privacy allows Concern to view your video.
Bake a Difference Terms and Conditions
For every person your team recruits you will receive 50 points. Maximum of 10 people. Any fundraising from your bakers will go onto you fundraising income and create 'Fundraising Points'. You must encourage your bakers to lodge the funds before the campaign closes on April 30th for these to be eligible. Remember, processing can take some time so take this into account.
Water Challenge Terms and Conditions
Participants are required to document the day with their jerry can as proof that they brought it with them for the entirety of their day to receive the maximum points. Water activity chart must be completed and returned to Concern by closing date. This chart will be negatively marked, each participant will start with the 100 points and loose points based on how much water activity they engage in. (Drinking water will not be counted). The activity chart will contain eight different activities four will be worth -3 points daily and the other four will be worth -2 points. The chart is being negatively marked so each activity taken on the chart will deduct points for your team. A video must be submitted to Concern on the Friday which conveys the entire experience (e.g. if going meat free for a day was a struggle speak about this). The video of your experience is to be emailed to email@example.com.. Participants will be expected to collect up to one hundred pledges. Each pledge will be worth 1 point. Pledges will be collected in material that Concern sends out. Needs to be returned before the 23rd of April.
Climb 4 Concern Terms and Conditions
For every person your team recruits you will receive 50 points once they register, up to a maximum of 500 points/10 people. Any additional people you recruit, Concern will still add their fundraising to your income, but you will not get bonus points. Climbers are required to pay a €25 registration fee and fundraise €50. The Climb will be either Mweelrea or Croagh Patrick, depending on numbers. Any fundraising from your climbers will go onto your fundraising income and create ‘Fundraising Points’. You must encourage your climbers to lodge the funds before the campaign closes on April 30th for these to be eligible. Remember, processing can take some time so take this into account. Fundraising can be collected on the climb itself by Concern Staff.
Social Media Challenge Terms and Conditions
Hashtags can be used as often as you like throughout the competition but only 50 uses will be considered for points allocation at 10 points each